Translation - Explanation and Caution

The County of Lanark is offering text and website translation services provided by Google Translate™, a free service currently offering over 50 languages. Our goal is to assist English as a Second Language (ESL) users with a way to understand the programs, services, and information provided by Lanark County.

Please note that NOT all text may be translated correctly or be translated at all. You agree that when a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors, and omissions therein. You agree that the County of Lanark shall NOT be held responsible or liable for any damages or losses that may result from your reliance upon or use of Google Translate™.

Oversize / Overweight Load Permit

A Permit is required if you are traveling on a County Road for the moving of heavy vehicles, loads or structures in excess of the limits prescribed by the Highway Traffic Act.

Annual permits are to be utilized when recurring moves are required where dimensions of the load are within Category I or Category II on the permit. Applicants are now required to complete Schedule A (Trailers) AND Schedule B (Tractors/Power Sources) providing all potential equipment requiring a permit. Annual Permits are no longer tractor/power source specific, however applicants must utilize a permit in 1 tractor only at any given time.

How does this change benefit me??
When applicants are applying for an annual permit(s), they need to consider how many loads requiring a permit will be needed at any given time, and request that number of permits. For example, you may have 20 tractors/power sources, however you would only have a maximum of 5 loads requiring an overload permit at any given time, therefor, you would apply for 5 annual overload permits.This new format allows companies to select the tractor and trailer they wish to use from their fleet

A Lanark County Overload Permit is only approval for movement on Lanark County roads. If your route includes other roads you must contact the applicable authority for their permission also.

Contact Ministry of Transportation if you are using a King's Highway. Contact the local Municipality if you are using a local municipal road.

Please direct all inquiries and applications to our Business office.

oversize load